Corrosion resistance of Stainless steel pipe ferritic
(1) Uniform corrosion. Chromium is the most easily passivated element. In the atmospheric environment, iron-chromium alloys with chromium content above 12% can be self-passivated. In the oxidizing medium, the chromium content can be passivated above 17%. In some aggressive media, high chromium and adding molybdenum, nickel, copper and other elements can obtain good corrosion resistance.
(2) Intergranular corrosion. Stainless Steel Pipe Ferritic is subject to the same intergranular corrosion as austenitic stainless steel, but sensitization and heat treatment to avoid this corrosion is just the opposite. Ferritic stainless steel is susceptible to intergranular corrosion when quenched from above 925 ℃, and the state susceptible to intergranular corrosion can be eliminated after a short time of tempering at 650 ~ 815 ℃ Intergranular corrosion in ferritic steel is also the result of chromium deficiency due to carbide precipitation. Therefore, reducing the carbon and nitrogen content in steel and adding elements such as titanium and niobium can reduce the sensitivity of intergranular corrosion.
Stainless Steel Tube ASTM A268
(3) Pitting and crevice corrosion. Chromium and molybdenum are the most effective elements to improve the pitting and crevice corrosion resistance of stainless steel. As the chromium content increases, the chromium content in the oxide film also increases, and the chemical stability of the film increases. Molybdenum is adsorbed on the active metal surface in the form of MoO4, which suppresses the dissolution of the metal, promotes passivation, and prevents the damage of the film. Therefore, high chromium and molybdenum ferrite stainless steels have excellent pitting and crevice corrosion resistance.
(4) Resistance to stress corrosion cracking. Due to the characteristics of the microstructure, the ferritic stainless steel is corrosion resistant in the medium where the austenitic stainless steel produces stress corrosion cracking.
Anyone who has used stainless steel knows that it will not rust.
As a Ferritic Stainless Steel Pipe Suppliers, let us tell you if the stainless steel plate will rust.
If there are many pollutants in the air in the environment, when it rains, it will directly rain on the appearance of stainless steel products. If the accumulated slag is tired, the pipes will rust. In addition, attention should be paid to the apparent damage of the stainless steel plate. In the case of drawing the pipe, when the outer surface of the stainless steel plate is small, it is easy to rust, and the bright pipe should be prevented from being scratched. In addition to the usual water washing or talc cleaning surfaces, stainless steel sheet products are typically cleaned once or twice a year. Under harsh environmental conditions, it should be cleaned 3-4 times a year, which may cause contamination of stainless steel plates under humid environmental conditions. Chlorinated concrete or mortar emissions should be removed immediately.
1. Clean the surface with water or talc to remove as much dust as possible.
2. Wipe with clean water or talcum powder after over, all wipes should overlap in the same direction, super good from top to bottom. Then wipe with a dry towel, according to the environmental cleaning cycle. Pay attention to surface scratches when cleaning and wipe with a soft cloth. Do not use bleach, acids, alkalis and abrasives, steel balls, abrasive tools, etc.
Our company also has Stainless Steel Tube ASTM A268 on sale, welcome to consult.
Copyright © Baosteel Special Metals Co., Ltd. (Baowu Group) All Rights Reserved