As a Seamless Stainless Steel Tubing Supplier, share with you.
Due to the characteristics of the two-phase structure, DSS has the advantages of both ferritic stainless steel and austenitic stainless steel through proper control of chemical composition and heat treatment process.
Advantages of Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe compared to austenitic stainless steel:
Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe
(1) The yield strength is more than double that of ordinary austenitic stainless steel, and it has sufficient plastic toughness required for forming. The thickness of the tank or pressure vessel made of duplex stainless steel is 30-50% less than the commonly used austenite, which is conducive to reducing costs.
(2) It has excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking. Even the duplex stainless steel with the lowest alloy content has a higher resistance to stress corrosion cracking than austenitic stainless steel, especially in environments containing chloride ions. Stress corrosion is a prominent problem that is difficult to solve for ordinary austenitic stainless steel.
(3) The corrosion resistance of 2205 duplex stainless steel, which is most commonly used in many media, is better than that of ordinary 316L austenitic stainless steel, while super duplex stainless steel has extremely high corrosion resistance. In some media, such as acetic acid Formic acid can even replace high-alloy austenitic stainless steel, and even corrosion-resistant alloys.
(4) It has good local corrosion resistance. Compared with austenitic stainless steel with equivalent alloy content, its wear resistance and fatigue corrosion resistance are better than austenitic stainless steel.
(5) It has a lower linear expansion coefficient than austenitic stainless steel, and is close to carbon steel, suitable for connection with carbon steel. It has important engineering significance, such as the production of composite plates or linings.
(6) Whether under dynamic or static loading, it has higher energy absorption capacity than austenitic stainless steel. This is a great advantage for duplex structural stainless steel to cope with sudden accidents such as collisions and explosions, and has practical application value .
Weakness of duplex stainless steel compared to austenitic stainless steel:
(1) The universality and multi-facetness of the application are not as good as austenitic stainless steel, for example, its use temperature must be controlled below 250 ° C.
(2) Its plastic toughness is lower than that of austenitic stainless steel, and its cold processing and forming properties are not as good as austenitic stainless steel.
(3) There is a medium-temperature brittle zone, and the process system of heat treatment and welding needs to be strictly controlled to avoid the occurrence of harmful phases and damage to performance.
Advantages of duplex stainless steel compared to ferritic stainless steel
(1) The comprehensive mechanical properties are better than ferritic stainless steel, especially the plastic toughness. It is not as sensitive to brittleness as ferritic stainless steel.
(2) Except stress corrosion resistance, other local corrosion resistance is better than ferritic stainless steel.
(3) Cold working process performance and cold forming performance are far superior to ferritic stainless steel.
Our company also has Super Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe on sale, welcome to consult.
Copyright © Baosteel Special Metals Co., Ltd. (Baowu Group) All Rights Reserved