The advantages of Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe compared to ferritic stainless steel are as follows:
(1) The comprehensive mechanical properties are better than ferritic stainless steel, especially plastic toughness, and are not as sensitive to brittleness as ferritic stainless steel.
(2) In addition to stress corrosion resistance, another local corrosion resistance is superior to ferritic stainless steel.
(3) Cold working process performance and cold forming performance are much better than ferritic stainless steel.
(4) The welding performance is also much better than that of ferritic stainless steel. Generally, no preheating is required before welding, and no heat treatment is required after welding.
(5) The application range is wider than that of ferritic stainless steel. Compared with ferritic stainless steel, the disadvantage of duplex stainless steel is as follows: The alloying element content is high, the price is relatively high, and the general ferrite does not contain nickel.
In summary, the overview of the performance and process performance of Duplex Stainless Steel Tube can be seen in general, which has won the favor of users with its superior mechanical and corrosion resistance. It has become an excellent corrosion-resistant engineering material that saves weight and saves investment.
Copyright © Baosteel Special Metals Co., Ltd. (Baowu Group) All Rights Reserved